Mario Kart DS
Category: Video Games
Buy New: $19.50
as of 6/19/2013 16:03 CDT details
You Save: $20.49 (51%)
New (110) Used (154) Collectible (14) from $11.95
Sales Rank: 223
Languages: English (Unknown), English (Subtitled), English (Original Language), English (Manual)
Platform: Nintendo DS
Media: Video Game
Number Of Items: 1
Operating System: Nintendo DS
Size: One Size
Shipping Weight (lbs): 0.3
Dimensions (in): 5 x 5 x 0.8
Publication Date: November 15, 2005
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
| • ||Race and battle with up to 4 karts at once -- or enjoy 8-player multiplayer action through your Wi-Fi Connection|
| • ||Tour courses from classic Mario Kart games -- as well as brand-new tracks and arenas|
| • ||All the crazy items and frantic speed players have come to expect|
| • ||Five different game modes allows for endless ways to play.|
The ultimate Mario Kart race is on…and online via your Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in Mario Kart DS. Drawing on more than 30 courses and battle arenas from every game in the Mario Kart series - not to mention tons of new ones, Mario Kart DS allows you to play as Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Toad, Bowser and Shy Guy as you put the pedal to the go-kart metal, grab coins to max out your speed and blast rivals with the ever-popular arsenal of red, green and spiked Koopa shells in a race to finally put to rest the question of who is the true king of the Mushroom Kingdom racing circuit.
Race the Mushroom circuit
Progressing Through the Game
Mario is a veteran of the circuit.
Choose your favorite character.
Peach is a master drifter.
Select the Kart you want.
Bowser is the bruiser of the track.
Watch your position in the pack.
Place first in Grand Prix circuits or clear skill-based missions to open up increasingly difficult and thrilling circuits. Of course, players can have multiplayer races on any open courses or battle in arenas. Game Modes: At Least Five Ways to Play
Whether you prefer to race by yourself or to mix it up with friends, Mario Kart DS is a game with something for everyone. Features five different game modes, these include a 'VS' and 'Battle' mode that are available in multiplayer for up to eight players via local wireless connection while all modes are available singleplayer. See a complete list and description of the play modes below:
Special Powers, Weapons, Moves & Features
- Grand Prix Mode: In Grand Prix Mode, the driver who earns the most points at the end of a four-course cup is the victor. Mario Kart DS features eight different cups, with each cup featuring four different tracks.
- Time Trial Mode: Your objective in Time Trial Mode is to get the fastest time that you can on a single track. . You can save your best runs as ghost data and share them with a friend.
- VS Mode: A competitive mode that can be either singleplayer. or multiplayer. In the singleplayer. version you'll race against computer-controlled karts, while in multiplayer you'll race against human opponents who play using their own Nintendo DS systems.
- Battle Modes: Mario Kart DS contains two battle modes.
- Balloon Battle Mode: Your goal is to pop your opponent's balloons by attacking/stealing them by colliding into an opponent via a mushroom boost, before your own balloons are popped.
- Shine Runners: In this mode the driver who collects the most Shine Sprites is the winner.
- Mission Mode: In this mode you are given sets of specific missions that you must clear in order to move on to the next set of missions. What could wait at the end?
Turbo power-drifting and item tossing is the order of the day, whether players are racing around an obstacle-filled track or battling in an arena. Use familiar items taken from every game in the series like Green Shells, homing Red Shells, Bananas, Bombs, Lightning and the destructive Spiny Shell, not to mention new ones like the Blooper. The touch screen features a map that shows items being fired at players, who can even tap it with their fingers mid-race to zoom in or out. Wireless Communication: Even More Ways to Play:
Mario Kart DS features three different forms of wireless game play: two kinds of local wireless game play and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection online game play. Mario Kart DS offers two different options for LAN Wireless game play: DS Download Play, in which only one player has Mario Kart DS and all players have Nintendo DS systems, and Multi-Card Play, in which all players have Mario Kart DS and Nintendo DS systems. DS Download Play
As with all DS Download multiplayer games, the DS Download Play in Mario Kart DS requires that only one player has a copy of the game. Unlike past DS games, however, DS Download Play in Mario Kart DS allows multiple players who have the game card to play with multiple players who do not have the game card. DS Download Play offers the following features:
- 2-8 player simultaneous wireless game play.
- A choice of multiplayer racing, Balloon Battle, or Shine Runner modes.
- Players who own Mario Kart DS can choose their own characters and use personalized icons, while players who do not own Mario Kart DS must play as Shy Guy and cannot use personalized player icons.
- Track selection is limited to eight tracks for racing and three arenas for Balloon Battle and Shine Runner modes.
- DS Download Play is limited to the 100 cc engine class
Multi-Card Play requires all players to have their own copies of Mario Kart DS, giving players more options, modes and tracks to choose from. Multi-Card Play offers the following features:
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection:
- 2-8 player simultaneous wireless game play.
- Your choice of multiplayer racing, Balloon Battle, or Shine Runner modes.
- Players can choose from different engine classes.
- No limits on character choice.
- No limits on track choice.
- Player's win/loss ratio is saved and tracked.
- Players who race locally are automatically added to each other's friend roster and then can race via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
- Players can trade ghost data wirelessly, allowing them to race against each others' best times.
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is a free online game-play service provided by Nintendo to Nintendo DS owners. It offers seamless access to online game play and an environment that is welcoming to gamers of all skill levels. Features include: Whether it's the updated graphics that retain the side-scrolling feel of classic games in the Sonic franchise, an expansive world to race through and explore or the multiple and new ways to play, Sonic Unleashed offers something for players of any age or level of ability.
Connecting to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection will be quick, easy and seamless. Players can go to an official Nintendo hotspot and immediately go online and start playing. To use their home Wi-Fi routers, players first must configure the DS to connect to their routers by entering the router's network ID and optional security key or install the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector on their PC and configure the DS to enable it to share the PC's broadband connection. After that, players can go online anytime without further configuration. Friends are registered to the friends roster either by exchanging and entering Friend Registration Keys or by playing local Multi-Card Multiplayer mode together.
- 2-4 players racing simultaneously.
- Choice of playing with:
- Friends only (players registered as Friends)
- Rivals (players with similar skills)
- Recent opponents
- Regional racers (players in their country)
- World racers (players anywhere in the world)
- No limit on course choice, but each player votes for a course and the course with the most votes wins (in case of a tie, the course is chosen randomly)
- No limit on character choice
- Players can create and use personalized player icons
is an Amazon storefront - the products referenced on this site are manufactured
and sold by parties other than UflazShop.com. UflazShop.com makes no representations
regarding either the products or any information vendors offer about their products.
Any questions, complaints, or claims regarding the products must be directed
to the appropriate manufacturer, vendor or to Amazon.com.
Copyright © 2009 -
2012 Uflazshop.com. All Rights Reserved.
| Free Games | Play
Games | Fun Games | Girls
Games | Online Games
Super Mario Games
| Amazing Games |
| Online Arcade Games